We begin the day with a relaxing journey on board our luxury catamaran as we journey from Brisbane to Moreton Island. Enjoy a complimentary tea, coffee or soft drink as the city slips away and you appreciate Brisbane from a new perspective.
Once we arrive at Moreton Island, you will have full use of the Tangalooma Resort facilities for you to spend the day playing pool, swimming or relaxing at the bars and restaurants. To further explore the island or search for the intriguing marine animals of the area, choose one of five additional adventures:
1. Marine Discovery Tour: Search for sea life along the coast of Moreton Island from our purpose-built boats. Keep your eye out for dolphins, dugongs, sea turtles, rays and more.
2. Wreck Snorkelling Tour: Explore the underwater world of the famous Moreton Wrecks with a 1.5 guided snorkelling tour.
3. Desert Safari Tour: We journey to the Tangalooma Desert on a 4WD adventure, where you can have a go at sand tobogganing.
4. Whale Watching Cruise: (June – October) in the winter months you can join us on our comfortable catamaran as we sail in search of majestic whales.
5. Jet Boat Tour: Feel the thrill of adventure on the 45 minute fast boat ride as it performs exciting manoeuvres such as 360 degree spins, wave jumps, figure 8s and tail slides.
Please select your chosen activity when you book. Activities are subject to availability. If there is no availability on your chosen activity, you will be booked on an alternative activity if available.
In the afternoon, the “Discover the World of Dolphins” presentation at the Marine Education Centre will give you a full understanding of these enchanting creatures and prep you for the highlight of the day – the dolphin feeding. At sunset, be in awe as the local family of dolphins comes ashore ready for a nightly feed. Take a herring in your hand, hold it out like an ice-cream and one of the grateful dolphins will enjoy it for dinner! Observing dolphins this close in their natural habitat is a rare experience you will never forget.
Related article: Dolphin Viewing at Moreton Island