About The Tour
Enjoy a wonderful day out from Brisbane on Moreton Island and get up close and personal with some of its most famous inhabitants with a dolphin feeding presentation in the evening. Enjoy full use of the Tangalooma Resort’s facilities as you spend the day unwinding and soaking up the laidback atmosphere. Choose from five different adventures to further explore the island and finish the day watching from the jetty as the dolphins feed in the evening.
Returns: approx. 8:30pm
Children: $109 (3 – 14 years)
Children two and under can travel free of charge.
Want to get up close and personal with the dolphins of Moreton Island? Upgrade to feed one of the friendly mammals when they come ashore in the evening and receive a complimentary digital downloadable photo as a memento of your experience. Adults: $50 Children: $40
We begin the day with a relaxing journey on board our luxury catamaran as we journey from Brisbane to Moreton Island. Enjoy a complimentary tea, coffee or soft drink as the city slips away and you appreciate Brisbane from a new perspective.
Once we arrive at Moreton Island, you will have full use of the Tangalooma Resort facilities for you to spend the day playing pool, swimming or relaxing at the bars and restaurants. To further explore the island or search for the intriguing marine animals of the area, choose one of five additional adventures:
1. Marine Discovery Tour: Search for sea life along the coast of Moreton Island from our purpose-built boats. Keep your eye out for dolphins, dugongs, sea turtles, rays and more.
2. Wreck Snorkelling Tour: Explore the underwater world of the famous Moreton Wrecks with a 1.5 guided snorkelling tour.
3. Desert Safari Tour: We journey to the Tangalooma Desert on a 4WD adventure, where you can have a go at sand tobogganing.
4. Whale Watching Cruise: (June – October) in the winter months you can join us on our comfortable catamaran as we sail in search of majestic whales.
5. Jet Boat Tour: Feel the thrill of adventure on the 45 minute fast boat ride as it performs exciting manoeuvres such as 360 degree spins, wave jumps, figure 8s and tail slides.
Please select your chosen activity when you book. Activities are subject to availability. If there is no availability on your chosen activity, you will be booked on an alternative activity if available.
In the afternoon, the “Discover the World of Dolphins” presentation at the Marine Education Centre will give you a full understanding of these enchanting creatures and prep you for the highlight of the day – the dolphin feeding. Watch from the jetty as the dolphins come ashore for their nightly feed.
Please check in at the Holt Street Wharf, 220 Holt Street, Pinkenba at 9:00am for 9:55am departure.
Brisbane transfers are available from selected locations listed below ($25 return). You must upgrade at the time of booking to secure your transfers from Brisbane. Children two and under are free of charge.
|Adina Apartments Anzac Square
||255 Ann Street, Brisbane
|Brisbane Marriot Hotel
|| 515 Queen Street, Brisbane (Hotel Lobby at reception level. Adelaide Street)
||161 Grey Street, Brisbane (bus stop opposite the hotel in front of the San Kai Japanese, at 164 Grey St)
||Bus stop Herschel Street, Brisbane
||200 Creek Street, Brisbane
|Sebel Hotel Brisbane
||Corner of Albert & Charlotte St, Brisbane (Charlotte St entrance)